Thank you for your interest in joining the National Coalition of 100 Black Women, Inc., Bergen/Passaic Chapter
NCBW Bergen/Passaic Chapter proudly welcomes Women Who Are Making A Difference with interest and experience in advocating and fundraising on behalf of Black women and girls in the areas of: Economic Empowerment, Education, Health and Public Policy.
Member recruitment is currently closed.
Membership is obtained through sponsorship by an existing NCBW member in the Bergen/Passaic Chapter.
We invite you to attend our public programs to learn more about the Bergen/Passaic Chapter and to get to know our members. Please visit our Upcoming Events page on our website and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
*Note: Due to COVID-19 we are following state guidelines for in-person programs/events as well as our National guidelines regarding restrictions.
MEMBERSHIP ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
Prospective Members: Membership is by invitation only.
Criteria is as follows:
- Demonstrates actual or potential leadership ability;
- Reflects occupational and/or leadership endeavors;
- Possesses available resources for chapter programs, such as time, constituencies, money, contacts, expertise, etc.; and
- Has a good reputation and provide dependable, effective leadership and community and advocacy service.
- A former member may request reinstatement between October 1 and December 31;
- Former members with a lapse of membership exceeding 24 months must reapply as a new member.
- A member in good standing of any NCBW chapter who moves into a community of another NCBW chapter may transfer into that chapter;
- Transferring members may be subjected to any assessments imposed upon the receiving chapter.
3rd VP Membership & Chapter Development
The mission of NCBW is to advocate on behalf of Black women and girls to promote leadership development and gender equity in the areas of health, education and economic empowerment.
Focusing on local, state and national political areas through voter education, registration and research.
The overall wellness of the African-American Woman and her family is our concern. Knowledge is the key.
Enhancing and encouraging leadership skills in young girls. Advocating in support of educational issues for black women of all ages.
Promoting the economic stability and advancement of African American women through symposiums, workshops and community forums.
NCBW Bergen/Passaic News
Would you like to keep current with all of our initiatives and events? Please sign up to stay informed.